2015 has been a wonderful year. Not to be confused with an easy one. The biggest change I have seen in my life is how radically my faith has grown. I have stepped out on faith and seen myself, more so then ever before, prayerful consider where I am headed. Everyday I am learning more about God. I have learnt that if you give God an inch He will give you a mile. I cannot wait to continue my walk down for many more miles.
To determine my 2016 goals, I used the #GOALsheet from Gennean’s blog to help me work through what I want to achieve this coming year.
Write the vision; make it plain on tablets, so he may run who reads it. For still the vision awaits it’s appointed time; it hastens to the end – it will not lie. If it seems slow, wait for it; it will surely come; it will not delay.
– Habbakuk 2:2-3
I started by spending three minutes writing as many goals as I could. I came up with sixteen.
- Follow Jesus
- Go to Disneyland
- Give more then I take
- Keep blogging
- Go to university
- Graduate high school with straight A’s
- Journal, journal, journal
- Start interactive food night again, a night where friends come together and cook. Lots of bonding can be done over a bowl of pasta.
- Paint more
- Write for a newspaper
- Donate my time and my money
- Be happy
- Take a roadtrip
- Have more coffee dates
- Complain less
Next I looked at my list and committed myself to pursuing three dreams, themes, or passions over the next year. surprisingly my three came to me with ease.
- Follow Jesus
- Continue my education
- Invest – in relationships and the community
God wont give you a desire unless he intends to fulfill it. Let your faith rise up & soar away to claim all the land that you discover.
– SA Keen
I was left with a series of questions.
What was “so 2015” that I wanted to leave it behind.
My focus for this year would be…
- Being grateful and thankful
- Stopping and smelling the roses
Picking up on relationships, I thought about all the people who I am thankful to have in my life in this new year. These are my wishes for these lovelies for this next year. 2016 will be filled with Joyous relationships.
- Maggie – That she is more at peace with her future.
- Natalie – That she is still as happy and bubbly.
- Sarah – That she finds her place in this world through her decisions about school.
- Emily – That she keeps her kind spirit and doesn’t become jaded by the world.
- Ali – That she never looses her fire.
- Laura – That she keeps her adventurous soul and stays grounded with the company of serenity.
- Sally – That she stays excited over the little things in life.
- Kristin – That she continues to live her life boldly.
- Kate – That she continues to thrive and stays very happy.
- Silvia – That she never lowers her standards and keeps those wide eyed dreams.
- Lexey – That she is able to figure out what she wants from this life
There are so many more people who I love and want to see accomplish the world in the coming year.
I decided to pick a work to represent 2016 – FOLLOW.
Over the last 3 months I have had to make some hard choices. Choices that I truly felt God was calling me to. I realized for the first time just how loving and merciful our God is. He is so good! I learnt that it is a daily choice to choose God and sometimes that isn’t easy but it is oh so worth it. I have truly never been happier. I have learnt that when I give everything to Jesus that is when I find true peace and happiness. I not only want that for the next year, but all of the ones following.
I want Jesus forever and always.
I want to make a conscious effort to focus on that this year, on Him.
lastly, I divided some more refined goals into six categories. Please note I eliminated the financial section of the #GOALsheets as I am a mere high school student.
- Continue to blog
- Write for a news outlet
- Get some new socks, I can explain this one I promise.
- Be apart at least one sport at any given time.
- Invest in my friends.
- Make sure people know how much I love them.
- Trust God and follow his guidance.
- Graduate High School
- Start university
- Write letters and postcards
- Journal more often then not
- Love abundantly
2016 I have loved getting to know you thus far.